INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT OF INDUSTRIAL PROJECTS
At TRESCA, based on our customer needs, we lead and guide the project from the beginning, taking responsibility for the planning, execution, monitoring and closing phases of the project. We take part in the project from its conception and we offer our experience and know-how to the client, getting involved in all the project phases and carrying out a thorough control on the constraints of:
To that end, we combine the most modern tools, procedures and methodologies based on the most important international standards (PMI).
Applying an array of knowledge, skills and tools for planning, coordination and control, with which the integral management of a project is developed and its execution is ensured on time, cost and quality according to previously defined objectives.
Within the project lifecycle, integral project management applies specific techniques to each stage:
TRESCA has the methodology, human resources and technical means to cover all the needs related to integrated project management, and can provide the following services in this field:
- Project Management
- Cost Management
- Design Management
- Construction Management
- Project Monitoring
- Claim Management
Legalization and permitting
I. CONCEPTUAL AND BASIC
CONCEPTUAL AND BASIC ENGINEERING
Conceptual Engineering is necessary to identify the technical and economic feasibility of the project and sets out the guidelines for basic and detailed engineering development. It is based on a previous study (feasibility study) and the definition of the project requirements.
It is the first phase or stage of an industrial engineering project, being the phase for establishing the objectives desired by the user, the type of technologies to be applied, the framework of technical standards that will regulate the designs, and the criteria for economic assessment and for profitability calculation.
Once defined, the bases or standard criteria from the financial or credit institutions are reconciled with those established by the client. In order to develop various design options (called cases) and the project profitability assessments or rate of return for each case.
The purpose is to choose the option for developing the next phase or for defining the project cancellation due to low profitability.
Basic engineering plays an essential role in developing a project in order to establish and clarify the basic guidelines to be developed in the detail engineering. . Basic engineering will finally reflect all the user’s requirements, basic specifications, the execution schedule and the economic valuation.
TRESCA Ingeniería carries out all the tasks that are part of this phase:
- Defining and fitting the setting process of the basic criteria for each installation:
- Voice and data
- Preliminary routing of pipes, cables and other devices.
- Revisions (equipment drawings, flow diagrams of main processes…)
- Preparation of diagrams (flow diagrams of main processes, piping and instrumentation processes, etc.) and single-line circuit diagrams.
- Preliminary studies and calculations (of hydraulic, electrical, structural systems…, operating conditions, weight and dimensions of equipment).
- Lists and specifications of equipment such as valves, piping, etc.
- Budget estimates.
Detail Engineering or Detail Design is the phase in which each and every subsystem, component or part that make up the project is defined. It aims to define the execution of the project with such precision that documents developing such project must be sufficient for its implementation, either under the direction of the design engineers themselves or by a different engineering team. Within the scope adapted to each project, the following points are analysed:
- Design of process flow diagrams
- General Equipment Layout Drawings
- Design of piping diagrams and process instrumentation and ancillary services
- Process Simulation (steady state or dynamic mode)
- Mass and energy balances
- Mass and energy balances
- Sizing of Process Lines and Ancillary Services
- Hydraulic analysis of transport lines
- Sizing of Equipment and Instruments
- Philosophies of plant operation, shutdown and/or start-up
- Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Redesign of equipment, lines and instruments
- Nodal analysis
Once we have the basic data for the project, this is subjected to a refining stage, aimed at working on those details that may be a weak point for the execution of the project.
The objectives for this phase are:
- To check and confirm and, if necessary, modify the scenarios and solutions of the basic design. To provide all technical, economic and legal information to the promoter.
- To provide technical data, construction details and conditions under which the project is to be undertaken (or built).
- To serve as a management document in those cases where the preliminary or basic design is insufficient or does not exist. For instance, the documents to be submitted for the company registration with Industry or for the activity licence application.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION
TRESCA has a Management and Supervision team that meet the needs of the project and help to complete it in a timely manner and on budget, as well as complying with all relevant quality standards and regulations. To that effect, they are responsible for analysing the possible changes proposed, checking their feasibility and integrating them if necessary.
TRESCA adjusts its methodology to the industrial sector as well as to the construction of buildings, infrastructures or power plants, or any project involving complex coordination of different contractors.. Our independent site supervision guides the project so that it is completed on time, on budget, and meets the relevant quality standards.
Our site supervision services include:
- Site management.
- Design supervision.
- Supervision of the site in line with legal and technical requirements for construction.
- Supervision of site works (quality, scheduling and budgeting).
- Permanent supervision by experienced professionals.
- Management and supervision of delivered documentation.
- Certification and verification by independent third parties.
- Project management consultancy for infrastructure, industrial and construction facilities.
- Supervision of maintenance and management in infrastructure and building facilities, materials, systems and testing facilities.
- Supervision of non-destructive testing.
- Legal and technical assessment and consultancy.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) services for industrial, building and civil projects.
TRESCA has a team of professionals specialised in the Procurement Management of industrial equipment and projects.
In these 20 years, TRESCA has enhanced its purchasing procedures, by feeding them back with the experiences acquired.
The importance of Procurement Management within the organisation of a project involves the link of this service to Integrated Project Management. TRESCA , however, offers the following services:
- Preparation of Technical Specifications for Quote Request to different suppliers.
- Resolving doubts of bidders.
- Execution of the technical-economic comparison of offers.
- Recommendation from the contracting company.
- Activation of orders.
- Launching meeting.
- Workshop inspections of equipment.
- Documentation verification.
TRESCA has developed a range of procedures that allow technicians to carry out the different commissioning processes of industrial plants covering different phases for the completion of mechanical, electrical and control assembly, etc.
The commissioning process must detect and solve errors made in the assembly phase, thus avoiding further failures and reducing the need for personnel intervention in the subsequent operation phase.
Commissioning has a major influence on the operating result of the installation and is key to ensuring the best possible results..
The phases of commissioning process include multiple aspects such as:
- Verification of mechanical assembly and changes thereto.
- Verification of electrical assembly and changes thereto.
- Verification of control system and changes thereto.
- Circuit filling testing.
TRESCA rperforms all operating checks, configuration and function tests, optimisation, guarantee or performance testing and therefore has a multidisciplinary team and the necessary measuring and control equipment.